Pro’s and con’s
|Sub load cases||Incompatible load cases|
|Easy to define and to modify||Complex to define and to modify|
|List with load combinations is shorter. The different sub load cases are stored ‘behind the curtains’. It is easier for Diamonds to generate.||List with load combinations is longer and harder for Diamonds to generate.|
|Only results for envelop
No results for each sub loadcase
|Results for each load case and combination|
|Calculation time is more or less the same as with ‘Incompatible load cases’. Only pasting the results on the structure might go a little faster. But this difference is only noticible in larger structures.||Calculation time is more or less the same as with ‘Sub load cases’. Only pasting the results on the structure might take a liggel more time then with ‘Sub load cases.|
How to transform sub load cases to incompatible load cases
- Select the load groups with sub load cases and click on Ungroup load cases.
- The sub load cases are now ungrouped. Verify the incompatibilities using the button Incompatible load groups.
How to transform incompatible load cases to sub load cases
- Keep CTRL pressed in and select the load groups you want to combine.
- Click on ‘Combine load cases’.
- Verify the incompatibilities of the load groups.