When you save a Diamonds project, you’ll see 4 items with the same name in Windows Explorer:
- the *.bsf contains the geometry and the loads
- the *.bs! is a back-up of the *.bsf
If the *.bsf file seems corrupt: change the name of this file. Also change the extension to *.bsf. Now you can open it in Diamonds.
- the *.bsr contains the mesh
- the folder *_bsr contains the results (bsdt-files)
Which files should I keep?
- The *.bsf should be kept. We also recommend you keep the *.bs! since it has helped client in the past.
- The *.bsr and the folder *_bsr can be deleted. But when you open the model afterwards, you’ll have to recalculate the model.
If you delete the *.bsr (mesh), there no use in keeping the results (folder *_bsr), so the folder *_bsr may be deleted as well.
Can I prevent the *.bsr and *_bsr-file from being saved in the first place?
Yes. In Diamonds go to Options > Preferences > tab page File. If you uncheck the option Save file with mesh data, the *.bsr will no longer be saved. If you uncheck the option Save file with results, the folder *_brs will no longer be saved.