Method for exporting a section/ material library
- Open Diamonds
- Go to Edit > Section library.
- On the left side with ‘User defined’, select ‘Yes’.
This step is SO IMPORTANT! Default sections (= ) will always be present. If you export them, the import process will go much slower.
- Click on .
- Give the file a name, choose the location and click ‘Save’.
- Save the library in a save location. The libary can now be imported on other computers. If your section library requires also user-defined materials, don’t forget to make an export of the material library as well.
Remark for exporting material library in Diamonds 2017
In Diamonds 2017, the export function for the material library does not exists. So in that case, you need to create a Diamonds file containing the materials:
- Create a file in Diamonds 2017 with all materials that you want to export. For example: you want to export 7 materials – draw 7 lines and assign an arbitrary cross-section and 1 of the 7 materials to each one. There are 7 bars with 7 different materials.
- Save this file.
- The libary can now be imported in a newer version of Diamonds.