- Go to the menu Edit > Material library.
- Click on to add a new material.
- Choose between ‘steel’, ‘concrete’, ‘timber’ or ‘other’.
If you choose ‘steel’, ‘concrete’ or ‘timber’, Diamonds will apply the relevant design codes on these section. Assuming the new material is masonry, the corresponding type will be ‘other’.
- Enter the material properties.
- The mechanical properties are used for the elastic analyses and have to be entered.
- The thermal properties are used for fire calculations. They are not mandatory.
- The tab page ‘Advanced’ is empty because no design codes are implemented for random materials.
- If you want the material to be available for other projects as well, select the button.
- Click on to save the changes.