To assess a structure (whether it is sufficiant or not), the following steps must be followed in sequence:
- Schematising the construction
- Determining the internal forces and moments (= global analysis, elastic analysis)
- Checking the cross-sections (= design):
The explanation below covers the design of concrete.
- Generate at least the combinations in ULS FC, SLS RC and SLS QP.
- Determine which analysis type you’re going to use. Based on the analysis type you’ve chosen:
- (un)check the buckling verification
- enter the correct value for the accidental eccentricity δa
- set the buckling lengths (if required)
- Calculate the internal forces F9 or.
- Select the correct concrete standard with Analysis > Concrete standard.
- Click on F2 or to calculate the reinforcement. The calculated reinforcement will take the strength and stability requirements into account. Related articles:
- Click on to calculate the deformation/ cracking widths (= verifying the stiffness).
- Check the option ‘Compute deformations after creep’.
- If the model contains walls or plates loaded with axial force, also check the option ‘Extend cracking theory to axial forces’.
- Verify the cracked deformation.
- Verify the cracking widths wk (see EN 1992-1-1 Table 7.1N).