Creating a slab or plate
- Select a set of lines that form a closed contour and that lie in the same plane.
- Click on .
Note: in a wireframe representation the plate(s) will not be visible. Pick one of these representations.
- The generated plate is a plate bearing the 2 directions of 20cm thick.
- You can change the properties of one plate by double clicking the surface of the plate.
- You can change the properties of multiple plates by selecting all the relevant plates and click on .
If you want to model plates of which not all elements lie within the same plane, you must keep in mind that a slab or plate is uniquely defined by 3 points. So the easiest plate contour to make is a triangle. The plate section within this triangle is always unique.
Making a hole/ opening
- Create a seperate plate where the hole should be.
- Select the plate and hit DELETE or click on .