- Close all 12Build projects.
- Create a folder on the Desktop or in Documents folder. Name it ‘12Build_prefs‘.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\BuildSoft\12Build and look for the file 12Build.ini Copy this file to your desktop.
- Open the file with Notepad and change the Dir location to
[Path pref] Dir=C:\Users\**YourUsername**\Documents\12Build_prefs\
(Replace Documents by Desktop, if you have chosen Desktop)
- Save this file
- Copy this file and paste it to 2 locations: the installation folder and AppData folder
- Installation folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\BuildSoft\12Build
- App data folder: Go to C:\Users\**YourUsername**\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\BuildSoft\12Build
Note: the folder ‘AppData’ is a hidden folder. You can show the hidden folders in the folder options.
- Copy the contents of the Appdata folder to the 12Build_prefs folder
- Launch 12Build. 12Build should start in a normal way.