These license dongles are not supported on current 64-bit operating systems without installing the driver below. And even with the driver, we cannot guarantee it will work since the system itself is outdated (technology doesn’t stand still). If you’ve installed the driver and your Smartkey dongle is not recognized, contact the support-desk (email@example.com) so we can look into the possibilities together (most commonly the old Smartkey dongle is replaced by a new Codemeter dongle).
How to install the driver for Smartkeys on 64-bit operating systems
- Make sure the license dongle is not connected.
- Install the BuildSoft software of your choice Following BuildSoft programs are compatible with Smartkey dongles:
PowerFrame, PowerPlate, PowerConnect (2012 or older), 12-Build, ConCrete, ConCrete Plus, ConCrete C
Note: ConCrete C will not run on a 64 bit operating system.Following BuildSoft programs are NOT compatible with Smartkey dongles:
Diamonds (all versions), PowerConnect (2013 or newer), BIM Expert
- Download the driver (see below or use this WeTransfer link).
- Unzip the driver. You can use WinZip (free trial) or 7zip (free ware) to do this.
- In the unzipped folder, double click the application “SmartkeyDriverInstaller.exe”.
Note: when the “SmartkeyDriverInstaller.exe” doesn’t want to install, you can also try the “SmartkeyDriverInstaller.msi”
- Plug the license dongle into your computer.
- Start the Buildsoft software.