When trying to edit a model or when creating the mesh, you get the error:
When you close the error, the message returns after a few seconds.
The message is caused by a point located at distance infinity. To fix it:
- Whenever the error message pops up during the procedure below, click it away and continue with the procedure.
- Make sure the entire structure is visible:
- Click on . Make sure that for all types, the icon is active.
- Deactivate the level manager .
- Click on to show all hidden elements.
- Open the data table . Show the punt numbers and the point coordinates.
- Look for outliers.
If you cannot find anything in the X-coordinate, do the same for the Y and Z coordinate.
For example: a structure measures 10x10m and is situated near the origin. Point 9 with Y-coordinate of infinity, is an outlier.
If the model is quite big, you can copy-paste the content of the table in EXCEL and use EXCEL-sorting functions to speed up your search.
- When you’ve located the outlier(s), delete them from the model.
- Go to the menu Select > Point number.
- Enter the relevant point number and hit ‘OK’. Diamonds will select the point.
- Hit DEL to remove it from the model.
- Repeat for all outlier(s).